The Caring Place Community Kitchen made Peach Apple Cobbler for dessert since peach is in season.
The Peach Apple Cobbler is best served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream.
- 1 large can (540ml) canned peaches, drained or 3 large peaches, seeded and slice
- 4 cups thinly sliced apple
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup butter milk
Source: this recipe is adapted from Food Skills for Families on a Smart Budget