Winter Confetti Salad
First, an update of the baked goods sales fund raising at the South Arm Christmas Craft Fair on 16Nov 2013. A total of CAD913 was raised for the Richmond Food Bank. A great thank you for all the volunteers that help to make it happened.
Michelle shared a recipe from her blog in the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club.
The Winter Confetti Salad is much easier to make if you have a food processor to shred the cabbage. Otherwise, grate the carrots and slice the cabbage really thin.
This recipe makes a big batch. Keep the dressing separate until you are ready to serve. The Winter Confetti Salad will keep for a few days in the refrigerator.
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 1/2 head of red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries or raisins