The main dish for the Mexican theme menu shared in the South Arm Community Kitchen is Chicken Quesadilla.
We served the Chicken Quesadilla with Guacamole and Salsa.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 10 x 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 package Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen
|Make the taco seasoning by combining all the spices in a small bowl.|
|Toss the chicken pieces with the taco seasonings.|
|Pan fry the onions with some oil and butter until golden brown. Remove and set aside.|
|Add more oil and butter to the same frying pan to fry the chicken for about 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Remove the chicken and set aside.
|In the same frying pan, saute the red and green peppers for a few minutes until soften.
Remove from pan onto a platter ready for assembly.
|Minoo bought these purple wheat kale and quinoa flour tortilla wrap which were on sale.|
|Spray one side of the tortilla with cooking spray or brush with some olive oil.|
|Flip over the tortilla and assemble the chicken, onion, red and green peppers in the middle of the tortilla. Top with grated cheese.
Fold into a half moon shape and press it down slightly.
|Heat a skillet and place the quesadilla on it. Crisp each side while pressing it down to flatten it.|
|Remove from pan to a cutting board. Let cool a bit.
Cut into 4 triangle pieces.
|Serve with homemade Guacamole and Salsa.|