At the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen, Minoo made a cake with a portion of the huge zucchini from her CSA box.
This Deep Dark Chocolate Yogurt Zucchini Cake is moist and healthy. This will be great for kids lunch box or after school snacks. A great recipe to sneak in vegetables for fussy kids.
Minoo also shared with us the benefits of zucchini in the above excerpt. You can click on the scanned document to have a larger view.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola or other mild vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Source: this recipe is adapted from Dinner with Julie