The South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen made some muffins with beets too.
The beets gave this Chocolate Beet Muffin a reddish hue.
- 2 medium sized beets cooked and pureed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Source: South Arm Community Kitchen